This vegan recipe really makes the most of the flavours and aromas of the La Reunion Estate Cacao. The sweetness of the fruits mellows the bitter notes of the cocoa mass, whilst the sharpness of the cherries enhances the piquancy and smoky flavours to bring another dimension to the mouthfeel and overall taste sensation.
Created by gourmetglow on June 6, 2016
These ‘clean snickers’ bars are made from almond, oat, amaranth and cacao and are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free and vegan!
- 50 grams Coconut Merchant Coconut Sugar
- 50 grams amaranth
- 150 grams Gluten Free Oats
- 100 grams Biona Cocomega Spread
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 200 millilitres Coconut Merchant Coco Amour
- 150 grams Trinidad & Tobago Raw Cacao Mass (or cacao powder)
- 40 grams Coconut oil
- 80 grams Biona Brown Rice Syrup
- 50 grams Almonds (toasted and lightly crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat oven 180C, grease a 20x20cm tin with coconut oil.
- Melt the base sugar, vanilla, salt and spread in a pan until combined.
- Remove from heat, stir in amaranth and oats.
- Pour into greased tin, pack down and bake in oven for 10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool.
- Spread Coco Amour over cooled base, sprinkle over almonds, refrigerate. In a bowl over a pan of simmering water melt the remaining topping ingredients omitting the salt.
- Stir constantly to emulsify.
- As soon as combined, remove from heat, stop stirring and cool slightly.
- Spread over nuts and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Refrigerate overnight until set.
- Cut into bars.
- Try not to eat all at once!