This elegant dish really is so simple to throw together and tastes beautiful. Packed full of omega fatty acids, your body will love this nutritious and delicious midweek meal.
- Serves: 2 people
- Category: Mains
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 2 tablespoons Fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 Cabbage, Finely Shredded
- 1 Carrot, Julienned
- 1/2 Courgette, Julienned
- 1 Banana Shallot, Cut into Fine Rings
- 25 grams Cashews, Toasted and Roughly Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cooking Sake
- 2 teaspoons Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Yuzu Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Season
- Preheat Oven 180C
- Mix the Honey, Tamari and Orange juice and pour over the mackerel. Leave to marinade for 1 hour.
- Mix the slaw vegetables together, holding the cashews back for serving.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake thoroughly to emulsify. Taste and season accordingly.
- Lightly dress the vegetables and sit for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
- Place the mackerel, in its marinade, in the oven for 10 minutes to warm through.
- Lift the mackerel out of the marinade and serve along side the slaw, topped with roasted cashew pieces. Serve with a lime wedge if desired.