The fruits used in this recipe can be substituted for any dried fruits you have to hand.
- 50 grams Dried sour cherries
- 50 grams Dried Blueberries
- 50 grams unsulphured apricots
- 100 grams Raisins
- 50 grams Tigernuts
- 50 grams Amaranth
- 50 grams Buckwheat Groats
- 50 grams Coconut Oil
- 50 grams Dairy Free Vegan Spread
- 50 grams Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (not essence)
- 50 grams Sprouted buckwheat flour
- 100 grams Raw Cacao Mass
- 50 grams Cocoa Butter
- 20 grams Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven 180C
- Whizz the tigernuts in a high speed blender until roughly chopped. Set Aside.
- Put the rest of the fruits in the blender and pulse to chop to small chunks.
- Mix with the tigernuts, amaranth and groats.
- Meanwhile put the coconut oil, spread, vanilla and sugar in a pan on a medium heat to melt.
- Once melted, add the flour and stir to combine.
- Once combined mix in the fruit mix and form into patties.
- Place on a non-stick baking mat and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove, cool and refrigerate until set.
- Place all the topping ingredients in a double boiler and heat gently to melt.
- Stir every now and then to amalgamate (do not over stir as the mixture could split).
- Once combined, leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a spoonful of topping over each Florentine and refrigerate overnight to set fully.