Serves 6 as a dip. Delicious for a group gathering or if you just fancy snuggling on the sofa with some crisps and dip!
- 1 tablespoon hemp oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 170 grams sweetcorn (good quality frozen is fine)
- 2 orange or yellow peppers
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- Sweat the shallots in a little hemp oil for 10 minutes until translucent and soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the peppers and chillies
- Cover with a lid and sweat on a low heat for 20 minutes until tender and breaking apart.
- Add the grated ginger, increase the heat and add all the spices.
- Cook for 5 minutes to drive off most of the liquid.
- Add the herbs and transfer to a high speed blender.
- Blitz until smooth with some texture.
- Serve hot or cold with Gluten Free nachos or crudites.