Be transported to your own tropical island with these delicious Tropical Bliss Bars.
- 200 grams gluten free oats
- 40 grams coconut sugar
- 80 grams coconut oil
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- 120 grams desiccated coconut
- 100 grams coconut oil
- 40 grams xylitol
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 150 millilitres coconut jam
- 50 millilitres almond milk
- 55 grams cocoa butter
- 100 grams raw cacao mass or powder
- 20 grams coconut syrup
- Preheat Oven 200C, Grease a square, loose bottomed tin with coconut oil.
- For the base, put the coconut oil, sugar and almond extract in a pan and warm over a gentle heat to melt and combine.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the oats and salt and pack tightly into the base of the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until smelling toasted
- Remove and cool.
- For the filling, melt the coconut oil, xylitol and vanilla in a pan and add the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the coconut and spread across the base. Pop in freezer to set.
- Melt the coconut jam and whisk in the milk, spread over the coconut layer. Freeze until just set.
- In a double boiler, heat all the topping ingredients until melted. Pour over the jam layer. Refrigerate 24 hours until set.