Tastes so indulgent but without the guilt. This is a truly sumptuous end to a meal!
- 100 millilitres water
- 100 grams coconut sugar
- 100 grams raw cacao powder
- 100 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500 millilitres water
- Put the sugar and 100ml water in a pan and heat slowly to dissolve
- Once dissolved, add the raw cacao, whisking to remove any lumps. Add the salt and vanilla and whisk again to combine thoroughly.
- Very slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify. Once completely emulsified, VERY SLOWLY add the 500ml water, a drizzle at a time, whisking to ensure that the mixture does not split. Once combined, taste, the mixture should be quite strong as flavour will be lost as it freezes. Adjust accordingly.
- Churn in an ice cream machine and freeze in a freezer proof container. Delicious!