Wow this one is toasty hot. Great summer cooler (makes the climate seem positively chilly!) or winter warmer.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 hot chillies, diced
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 Tins organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- Selection of seasonal, organic vegetables, chopped to even sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato puree
- Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan until smelling fragrant and crush in a pestle and mortar with the other spices. Add 3tbsp flavourless oil and mix to make a paste.
- Heat the paste in a pan and sweat the onions for 10 minutes until soft but not coloured (do this on a low heat, you may need to add a splash of water.
- Once the onions have softened add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree and the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Taste and season with salt, pepper and a touch more lime juice if needed.
- Serve with rice, roti or a side of your choice. Enjoy, get that sweat on!!